In line with the government’s plea for people to observe social distancing, and not congregate, we have put some further measures in place today that will help to protect us all from Coronavirus. These include:
- No more than 1 supervisor, 3 volunteers and 3 customers will be in the shop at any one time.
- The shop’s team will control this by letting people in and out of the shop.
- We will have blue markers outside of the shop that will help people to keep a social distance in the event of a queue to get in.
- We have a blue line/marker on the floor of the shop near the counter and till that customers must stand behind. When it is their turn to be served, they are invited to put their basket at the till, and then step back behind the blue line while their shopping is put through the till, then invited back to pay.
- We are asking people to pay by card where at all possible to minimise handling cash.
- We continue to observe stringent hand washing, frequent cleaning throughout the day, and the shop’s team are wearing gloves.
- The café has been shut since Thursday, ahead of the government’s directive to close, and we ask that if people sit at the tables outside that they don’t congregate and keep a social distance.
- We are still offering a takeaway service which includes hot drinks, cake, bacon rolls, sandwiches, pasties and sausage rolls; as well as cold soup that you can take home to heat up.
Should you have any symptoms, or live with/have come into contact with anyone that has, please do not visit the shop and follow the government’s advice.
Our shop is still open so as to be able to supply our community with essentials, as well as having a good supply of local goods and produce. A special thank you to our wonderful volunteers including a number of new recruits.
Thank you so much for continuing to support us and please stay safe.